Picchetti Dental Care Office Updates
We were thrilled when the Illinois Department of Public Health announced that all dental offices could reopen for all routine care. We are beyond excited to get back to the office and see all those smiling faces that we have missed and meet any new patients that we can help.
To prepare for our reopening, we have added to our already rigorous infection control protocols to address the new challenges that Covid-19 has presented and to insure we are following the strict guidelines of the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We will also have in place all the new PPE and other equipment we have anxiously been waiting for. We want to inform you of our updated office protocols, our measured re-opening, and the steps we are taking to ensure that our patients and our team remain healthy.
As of now, our new hours are:
Monday: 2:30 pm - 7:00 pm, with Dr. Golshani
Wednesday: 1:30 pm - 7:00 pm, with Dr. Golshani
Friday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, with Dr. Jain
Saturday: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm, with Dr. Bisterfeldt and Dr. Jain
We know our new protocols and procedures listed below are strict, but they go beyond what is recommended and they have been created to protect you! We appreciate your patience with the following updates:
Before Your Appointment:
We are in the process of going paperless in our office so we now have online forms that you will need to fill out before your next appointment!
Click here for all of the forms: https://forms.patientconnect365.com/4275
- The Medical History form needs to be filled out by EVERYONE (even if nothing has changed) as we will no longer have paper forms. So before you arrive for your appointment please update this form for yourself and other family members who are unable to do so themselves.
- If you have new insurance information, please fill that out.
- If you need to change your address, phone number or other information, please fill out the "Patient Info" form.
- If you are new to our office, please fill out all the forms, saving the COVID Patient screening form which needs to be filled out on the day of your appointment.
- Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your appointments unless you have an urgent concern. We will be working tirelessly to get you in as soon as possible. We have a comprehensive list of all postponed appointments and will be scheduling the ones that were postponed first and/or patients needing more urgent care.
- To maximize social distancing, we will be spacing out appointment times to prevent unnecessary patient to patient interaction.
- If you are a new patient, have an urgent concern or if you have not heard from us around the middle of June and are due to have your teeth cleaned or treatment completed, then please give us a call.
- The COVID screening form needs to be filled out on the day of your appointment.
- Bring a mask with you that you will wear when you enter the office and check out after your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and TEXT our office at
630-828-5761 or call us at 630-627-7651. We will then direct you on when to enter the office.
- We ask that only the patient being treated enters our practice. For our very young patients, or anyone else who must have someone additional in attendance, please limit only one parent/caregiver. No other family members or friends will be allowed inside at this time.
- Please arrive for your appointment on time. We have set up a new schedule that allows for staggered entry and exit of all patients. If you are late to your appointment we may need to reschedule to ensure proper social distancing.
- Please make sure you enter wearing your own mask. Your temperature will be taken between the 2 front doors with a touchless thermometer. A reading of 100.4 degrees or higher will require us to reschedule your appointment.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided between the 2 glass doors, then wait and someone will greet you and seat you in the operatory.
- You may want to bring a jacket as it will be a little chillier than usual in the office.
- Do Not Hesitate to call and reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing any illness or symptoms associated with Covid-19.
- We will take the temperature of every team member, immediately upon arrival to work. Health screening questions will also be asked. Any team member with a temperature registering at 100.4 degrees or above or with a “yes” answer to any of the screening questions will be required to go home.
- All team members will be required to wear masks at all times in the office. Additional PPE will be donned during many routine procedures. You may not recognize us, but I promise you it’s us underneath all of that gear!
We are so grateful for every one of you, and we can’t wait to see you back in the office. Thank you for allowing us to take these additional steps to help protect your health. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out and if you are looking for a new dental home, we would love to meet you!
Thank you so much for your trust and patience! Here's to your health and smile!